Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Not that I have any followers, but sorry for being MIA over the past week. This may or may not be an overly long post... I have some catching up to do!


{1. My weekend}

Here are some snapshots of what I've been up to:

Brad & I took an afternoon golf cart ride, and I took this picture of one of my favorite houses. This picture does NOT do this home justice. It's SO beautiful! That porch!!! 

Of course we had to stop for ice cream at one of our favorite shops on Main Street. All of the tables inside have a "Where's Waldo?" scene. It took me, seriously, 15 minutes to find that little guy on this one.

 I just had to know what all of the hype was about... Well, I'm hooked!! This book is quite entertaining. If you haven't read the trilogy, may I just give you one piece of advise? Have your man nearby... You'll want him while you're reading every single chapter. ;)

A day at the beach... would've been so much better if that was a white sandy beach somewhere in Paradise!


{2. My current nail color}

Yes, I've mentioned once or twice how in love OBSESSED with Essie nail polish I am.
I'm currently donning 'Mod Square.' It makes me feel so feminine & flirty. Lovin' it!



{3. Risotto}

Risotto needs no introduction. I feel so fancy when I cook it! I have my glass of red in hand and listen to Tony Bennett on Pandora every time. I made squash risotto the other night because it's what I had handy in the pantry. It turned out delish!




{4. New makeup}

When the Bare Minerals craze hit, I quickly joined in. I used the make up for years. However, I noticed over time that it clogged my pores, making them bigger, and I stopped using it about a year ago. I've been trying other make up since then, but have yet to come across anything that's just as easy to apply as Bare Minerals and with the same or better coverage. I'm not one for infomercials, but the Sheer Cover infomercial reeled me in before I could change the channel. Needless to say, it hooked me, and my package arrived this morning.

Stay tuned for my reviews...


{5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAD!}

Today is Brad's 27th birthday!! Unfortunately, his mill is having a shut down today. (If you'll recall, Brad is a chemical engineer at a paper mill.) This means, he'll be working at least a 12 hour day today. I wanted to make his day as special as possible, so I woke up at 4:20am to make him breakfast. I made biscuits, eggs, sausage, and bacon. By 4:45, he was out the door, and I was back in my cozy bed! 

His only birthday request is homemade salsa, restaurant style and some tacos for dinner. Wish granted! Dinner, dessert and gifts will be waiting for him when he walks in the door. Being a Wednesday & the fact that Brad has such a long work day ahead of him, we're going out Saturday to celebrate. 




Happy Hump Day!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week thus far!

Xo Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment