Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Career Path

As I previously mentioned, I just got a new job. I'm so unbelievably excited to say that I'm the social media / pr manager for Monkees of Wilmington. 



If you're unfamiliar with Monkees, it an upscale, contemporary ladies boutique. It originated here in Wilmington by the amazing Deedee Shaw, and since has grown to 23 franchised stores across the southeast and beyond. I've worked for and shopped at many small boutiques, and Monkees is completely different than any other. I'm so honored to say I've been working there since August 2012 and now am in charge of all Social Media aspects of the store. 

The beautiful Lindsey Cheek of FifiCheek and Poplin & Queen has been the Social Media / PR Manager for quite some time, but with her booming interior design business & growing baby girl, she had to pass the torch. Deedee planned on replacing her with an intern, but I convinced her that I was the girl for the job... So now I need to prove to her that I was right!

I'll be updating their Facebook account, website, Pinterest page, Instagram, Twitter, and blog, as well as writing radio ads & speaking on Z 107.5 the first Thursday of every month. 

I'm looking forward to all the amazing opportunities that this career will bring. 

Xo Lindsay 

1 comment: