Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chivalry Is Dead?

I'm an avid watcher of the Today Show with Hoda & Kathie Lee Meredith Vieira (mostly because I love how they drink everyday at 10am). So this morning, as usual, I had my coffee in hand, lap top in lap and the Today Show on the tube. Well, I really could've done without one of today's guests. They had a woman on the show who is teaching her 4-yr-old son how NOT to be a gentleman. She teaches him that women do not have to go first in certain situations, nor do men always have to open the door for women... Her argument is that if a man gets to the door first, they should have the door opened for them, or if a woman is in the back of an elevator with all men in the front, the men should just get off the elevator and not move to the side to let the woman off first. This woman is a fool, and I couldn't disagree with her more!

All moms should teach their little boys to be gentlemen. And yes, men should also open doors for men, not just women. But is having a man treat you like a lady, opening doors for you and allowing you to go first degrading as a woman?? Hell no! Call me crazy, but I'm hopeful in that chivalry is not dead! 

I must be completely annoying for a second and brag about my man. Since Brad and I have been together, I have not had to open one car door, or any door for that matter. And I feel so proud when I have girlfriends with me and he opens the doors for them, too. It's so refreshing to know there are still such gentlemen in the world today!

Sorry for the lame post, but that woman on the Today Show bugged the sh*t out of me, and I just had to write about it.

I'll leave you today with some gentlemanly pictures






P.S. I'm completely slacking on finishing this wainscoting. I caulked over the weekend, but have yet to paint. I'll share once completed. Oh, and I have this AMAZING wallpaper sample on its way for above the wainscoting.

Xo Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment