Friday, June 14, 2013

Eat This

Wow, once again, I've failed at blogging this week. My B. I guess I could blame it on things being so hectic in my life, but that would be a lie. So I got nuthin... 

Anyway, TGIF, Friends!! 
The other night, I found a recipe that I just had to try, and lemme tell ya- FREAKING AMAZING!
It's always a no brainer that your Southern Living recipes are gonna be good, but when you happen to stumble across a recipe from Pinterest or a random website, ya never know what you're gonna get. Well this got two thumbs up from me, Brad & the ladies from my work (they got the left-overs). Try it!

**Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Cream Sauce**

Ingredients
For the chicken:
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1tsp salt
1tsp chili powder
1tsp paprika
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1tbsp brown sugar
1 chipotle in adobo, minced (you can seed it- I did not (I like spice))
2lbs chicken breast, cut into pieces for skewers
Minced fresh cilantro, for serving

For the avocado cream sauce:
1 avocado, split & pitted
1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
salt & pepper, to taste
minced fresh cilantro, for serving
1/2tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2tsp chili powder
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
(you may leave out last 3 ingredients if you don't like spice)

Directions
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in bowl. Add chicken pieces. Mix to coat. Cover, refrigerate, and let marinade 30-60 minutes.
2. Heat grill to medium-high & oil the grates. 
3. Meanwhile, made your avocado cream sauce. Combine all ingredients into food processor or blender. Combine until smooth. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
4. When the chicken is done marinating, thread the pieces onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them first to prevent burning.) Place kabobs on grill & let cook, turning once or twice until all sides are brown & the internal temp reaches 160 degrees F (5-10min). Remove from grill, & sprinkle with fresh cilantro.

Serve with cilantro lime rice

ENJOY!

Xo Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment